Speeeeed. My new toy.

Just gotta learn how to handle it.
my point exactly.

we get snow for about 4 days, probably for two different weeks in the year. (basically 8 days out of 365?)

Basically we hardly ever get snow, how are we ever meant to learn how to handle it?

To be fair, the last time that we got snow (last year at the middle of december) about 6 inches fell, before any preperations for gritting had been made, I ended up stuck on a motorway for hours, not because I couldn't drive, but because trucks couldn't get traction to drive uphill and therefore were holding me up.

The year before we got nine inches of snow fall (inside of 4 hours) -I know this because it wasn't snowing when I went out one evening and it'd stopped snowing by the time I got back, I also measured the snow.
strangely I didn't get stuck on the motorway, I believe that's because the people travelling knew how to handle the conditions, -everyone travelling at a constant speed, and only using 1 lane.
this meant that the road was freshly travelled on, and therefore clear. (that's 2 years ago where nearly twice as much snow fell).

compare this to last year, the same stretch of motorway, too many people thinking that 50 is too slow to travel and trying to use all the lanes, meaning that the road isn't as travelled and the snow isn't as churned, and therefore has time to settle and compact and turn into a block of ice that nobody can drive on (nobody can get traction on.)

Which brings me back to the original point... people don't know how to drive on snow in this country, and a big part of that is that snow is a pretty freak event. and it only happens for a could of days a year, and only a couple of times a year.

to be honest we spend more time sitting at home because it's a bank holiday (national holidays etc) than we spend at home because there is a bit of snow on the ground. -so who really cares?

Oh I will end up doing some water skipping I hope. Probably not a whole lake, but maybe skip across some open patches if I get a chance.

"1997 Arctic Cat ZR440 Snow Pro. 3900 miles on the chassis... 22 on a fresh rebuilt engine. Has a clutch kit too (engages around 4800RPM). Looking forward to SNOW! "

Super, that looks absolutely super.
I do hope there will be enough snow in your parts this Winter to thoroughly enjoy yourself.

PPPSST ! Do things like this have any BRAKES ?

Oh yeah, 200" on average, which converts to like 500cm for you metric goofballs.

They do have brakes on the track. This one has 144 picks in the track as well, so it should stop decently. Stock, they don't have picked tracks. So stopping isn't quite like a car where you slam on the brakes and it grips the pavement...

Back
Top Bottom