Car Thread!

Go for the Megans!

I'm going to get the Megan EZ-Street since you can get them off 1xracing.com for $600, probably the best bang for your buck I can get right now. I know in the future I'll be getting a set of Xida Clubsports with AST shocks, but a $2200 setup is pretty far away. I need some seat time before I can make use of the really good equipment.

There's a guy on my other forum that has his Miata pretty low with some coilovers. He says it's not even low enough. I think his drop looks just right for a Miata. I don't like the dropped to the ground, can't go over a speed bump look. BTW, Miatas look better with a hard top. I hate convertibles. :p

6258761576_1d846fd091_b.jpg

There's a guy on my other forum that has his Miata pretty low with some coilovers. He says it's not even low enough. I think his drop looks just right for a Miata. I don't like the dropped to the ground, can't go over a speed bump look. BTW, Miatas look better with a hard top. I hate convertibles. :p

I can appreciate a stanced-out car that's done right, but it's not something I would do myself (more concerned with how cars go around corners, rather than how they look doing it).

I'd like a hard top, but they're expensive and getting harder to find as time goes on with the Spec Miata guys welding them to their cars. Also, nothing beats a drop-top in the summer :D

ah, you're missing out :p

But I suppose, the more european cars you got, the less American cars they'd sell :p
Funny guy funny guy... American cars are making some big strides. I mean, they've always been better, but now they are getting much better! The new CTS is amazing. I had a CTS coupe for a weekend. 305hp, 30mpg, smooth as can be... I loved that car. I'm going to try and get a CTS-V this summer.
And the new 2012 Regal GS... Awesome. I drove a the 2011 Regal and a 2011 Regal T(180hp and 220hp respectively), both great cars. Not as fun as the CTS because they were front wheel drive, but still fun and very comfortable.

I kid I kid, American V8 muscle cars are about the sexiest thing on the planet. The most recent series of Mustangs and the early noughties Ford GT was a beast too. European and Japanese firms squeeze ridiculous amounts of power from tiny engines (like the Evo 8, 400 and something BHP from a 2L +turbo). American cars got the passion though, like Dodge Vipers <3. Aside from cars, Harleys are probably my favorite vehicle of any sort in terms of... just about everything.

Eh, it's nothing to be too proud of to squeeze big numbers out of those 2L engines. I know people squeezing 1600hp out of a 4.6L Cobra engine, others have gotten 1200hp out of 4.8L GM LS series engines (truck block) with a stock bottom end. These are pumpgas engines too... Street cars, competitors in Chicago's King of the Streets competition. The nice thing about a big V8 vs little turbo engines is torque. A camaro goes down the freeway at 1500 RPM. Gets good mileage and lots of torque.

But I also know people making good power out of Japanese engines...
4432A230-orig.jpg

Here's another local Chicago car I like a lot... LSX and well... you can see the monster turbo. LSX is a 454 Big Block, without a turbo, it's easy to make 700-800hp with one and have it perfectly street friendly...

turbovettepits.jpg

turbovettewheelie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom