Witcher 2 lagging

Jeremy0127

Beta member
Hi, i recently bought a new pc, which i tought was good enough to run all the new games, but it seems i have some lag when playing witcher 2.
im using a PC with intel core i7 2600k proccesor, AMD radeon 6950 hd card, and 8 GB memory.
Should i upgrade my graphics card to be able to run Witcher 2 without any lag? And if so, which card would do the job?

are you still having trouble?
you PC should be fast enough to run witcher 2. but it is a heavy game. what settings do you have the graphics at?

i have the gtx 570 witch is better then the 6950, and i also cant run it at max graphic (witout ubersampling). so it is a haevy game.
what is your frame rate?

Bottom line, you can spend a couple hundred bucks on a new GPU, just make sure your PSU is good enough and has the 6 pin connectors it will need. Since Echo plays Witcher 2 it would probably be smart to go with what he has to say to play at Max framerate.

-Q

i have 2 GTX570 in SLI and i can run max, but only get like 30-120 FPS but thats with the new HIGH RES PACK (DX11), and i have to do all this stuff just to get it to run in SLI, and it really didnt make much of a difference, just wait for the game to get better patchs and we all should play it without trouble

EDIT: my settings for the game are as followed.

texture downscaling: none
texture memory size: large
showdow qulity : ultra
number of shadowed lights: ulrta
lod distance: far
bloom: enabled
light shafts: enabled
anti-aliasing: enabled
blur effects: enabled
depth of field gameplay: enabled
vignette: enabled
wet surface rain effects: enabled