Upgrading my Dell Inspiron 570 Video card questions?

This is probably my last upgrade to my computer except i might also change my processor and thats probably it so should i still upgrade my psu?

if youre looking to upgrade your CPU then you should definitely consider upgrading your PSU.. something not too fancy, but something with more but not too crazy. under a budget, maybe.
better cpu & better gpu will definitely eat up more wattage. you should look into it more before making upgrades.

i will say yes. you migh experience some peek power issues, but i dont think you are gonna notice anything.
your computer is kinda old and does not use too much power. and that new graphic card is also on the low side of power-use.
so go for it. was it a better graphic card then i would have sayd no. but dont bother any more upgrades.

I completely and wholeheartedly DISAGREE with the power supply assessment. the 6670 requires a minimum of a 400 watt power supply, and for as good as Dell is, even that 300 watt unit won't run it for long.

when i am gaming i dont use much more then 340W. i know there is power peeks, but he's computer is way slower then mine.
i think it will work, but ofcause i dont recommend it.
my old DELL computer was also upgraded to what it could be. it also had a 300W PSU, and it did run 4gb RAM a 9800gt a Pentium 4 3ghz.
i could fell some lag spikes some times and i am pretty sure it was the power peeks, but it was still a much more powerfull machine then before. even if i did not get 100% the performance it was still worth it.
but he might want to get a lower powered graphic card.

A 300 Watt OEM power supply is wholly inadequate, and if the OP upgrades to that video card, they sign a death sentence for the rest of the system. It will work for a bit, sure, but the power supply will be stressed out.

What you pull at the wall vs what the power supply delivers to the system is a BIG difference.

Back
Top Bottom