kps cable modem

horrorfan

Solid State Member
im a 9 mbps cable modem its the 2nd grade internet they have i guess its a t2 is what it would be called. when i am downloading anything it goes at 350 kbs and when im downloading no one can use the other computers on the router how can i make this faster is it just the modem or is their some setting i can change.

test shows 25 MS 2.90 MBPS and .23 upload and im paying for more thin 2.90 MBPS thats for sure

Well, run it a few more times. At 3Mb/s your download of 350kb/s is about right.

Talk to your service provider. Tell them you want your 9! With paying for 9 you should be getting at least 7 or 8...

And to sound like you know what you're talking about, make sure when you say "I'm paying for 9 Mb/s!" that you say Mega-Bits ... not mega bytes! That's why with a 3megaBIT connection you only download at 350 kilaBYTEs. With a 9 megaBIT connection you'll be downloading at roughly 1 megaBYTE.

Cheers! I hope you get this cleared up with your provider!

-Q

If you are using wifi, you might be bottlenecked there. If you are downloading torrents, your ISP might be throttling you :(

Also it helps if you post the actual speedtest image instead of just typing it. The image will contain useful information for us to help diagnose your connection woes.

Who is your internet service provider?

If you are using wifi, you might be bottlenecked there.

It alarmed me when he said "No one else can use the internet while I'm downloading"

If you are downloading torrents, your ISP might be throttling you

Usually they won't do that without contacting you, unless you have a bandwidth cap. Call them, if that's the case they need to downgrade your service :p

-Q

Back
Top Bottom