4GB (two 2GB) memory
500GB hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 6750M with 512MB

Desktop 2:

Intel Pentium B940 Processor (2.00)Ghz OR Intel Core i3-2310M Proc. (2.10)Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT540M (1GB) Dedicated GPU
500GB Hard Drive
4GB (4GBx1) DDR3-SDRAM-1333

I will pretty much use this for work/games/etc so I need to know generally which one is better.

Or, if you guys can suggest something better please post it below along with the price.

Thank you!

Arn't the new gen i5s hyperthreaded also? Haven't done any reading on that for months...

Depends on the price difference. I would go with number 1. Especially if that's a new gen i5. Easier to upgrade.. don't really need a dedicated GPU unless you play intense games.. and you can pick one up for cheap anyway.
Wait, these are desktops right? Is that a laptop GPU?

Yeah, it's a laptop GPU which causes some concern. Do you know a good website where I can find some decent pre-made desktops? I'm not so savvy with building or upgrading so I'd prefer something good off the bat.

Take your pick, Dell, HP, get a Mac if you want. I can't really direct you here because I would build my own :) You're going to get a more personalized one that fits your needs and it'll also be cheaper... only difference is instead of having an instore warranty you have a warranty for individual parts.

Just look through some of the sites, they all have good prebuilt computers. If you do think you might want to build your own computer I'm sure there are TONs of videos on Youtube! :)

Either way, you'll need a price range before you start looking. Computers get better and better... and more expensive real quick.
I buy a majority of my parts from Newegg. Here's their desktop (prebuilt) PC section.

Newegg.com - Desktop Computers, All-in-One PCs

Has all the brands there..

Have fun!

-Q

Is it possible to build an all-in-one PC? I'm trying to find links to it, but I'm SOL.

LOL

Ok, sorry man you're on your own there. I would Love to know the results there. I don't have time to look that stuff up :(
But the idea would be the same of building a laptop.. you would need to find an "all in one" case. Only certain motherboards would fit in that case... so you're limited to what you can use. It's not really "building your own computer". Same with a laptop. It's more like customizing. The only thing you really have a choice of is what CD drive you use, your ram (but you're limited to an amount and speed) and your processor (again, limited to sockets)

This may not be the case though.. there may be some big bulky all in one that you can customize even the motherboard.. a quick google search doesn't bring up anything but "barebone" which is a case and MoBo for it. In some cases maybe even the processor.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

-Q

Desktop 1. I have an I-5 processor in my desktop. 2.80 Ghz and it's hyperthreaded. Great CPU IMO.

Back
Top Bottom