XP Cd

PJ15

Beta member
Hello

I use a laptop mostly, but also have an old HP Pavilion desktop that runs Windows XP. It has crashed just looping at start up.

I've looked at a few technical options which are pretty well beyond me (safe mode is not working).

I would like to just repair from the installation CD, but one wasn't supplied. I was wondering if there are software shops or websites that sell pre owned Windows XP Home Edition Cds. Can't believe new ones are so expensive for an old OS!

Thanks

i bout an hp 7700 off ebay for 85.00 shipped, called hp an they sent me recovery set for 10.00 free shipping and im using ot now,,, or,, i also had a a350n that was exact copy of my old one tat got wet,, i called outfit in georgia called restoredisks that sent me 10 disc st that restored it to working order, lot of junk from 19 whenever, but it works bettern a doorstop, 10 bucks to HP for the 7700 27 dollars to restore disk for the old hp350, hope this helps, buck

You can also just download XP and install it using your key (should be on a lable on your computer). That is, if you have a DVD handy. You'll have to download the drivers from HPs site - but it's free. You can use ImgBurn to slap XP on a DVD.

Hope this helps,

-Q

Same way I downloaded Windows 7, google it :) I don't see a problem with downloading an image if I have the key. Some argue that it is illegal (others don't), but then people making or even selling images would be performing an illegal action.. I bet we've all made an image of an OS in our days. I'm sure many people can argue for or against it on this forum...

Your HP may have a recovery partition, try looking at the boot up options alternatively ask HP for recovery disks (costs may apply but will be less than a new XP CD).

Daniel Hunt
www.stroudyit.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom