Wireless internet problems with laptop

tomlundy123

Beta member
Hi

I have 4 laptops in my home. 2 are working fine with the wireless but the other 2 are not. Basically, the two problem laptops are 1) Sony vaio with Vista and 2) Dell XPS with Vista.

I can detect the wireless connection with full strength and indeed connect...but when i go to the internet browsers (firefox and chrome) i cannot surf the net and it brings up errors.

They were working about a week ago but I'm not sure what the problem is now?

Anyone know what I can do?

When you say errors, what do you mean specifically ? what does the error say ? does the connection icon in the bottom right hand corner have a blue world icon on it ?

This might be far fetched but did you check your firewall to make sure they are not being blocked? You could also try pinging the computers from another computer. One last thing you could do is try to update your NIC drivers.

Go to Start>Network. At the top try turning on "Network Discovery".

Check the IP addresses on the computers that are working, then check the IP addresses of those computers that are NOT working. Please post all four.

You can also try doing a release/renew. There's another thread in Networking/DNS that is red, I'm the last reply. Check it out to see how to release and renew.

Thanks,

-Q

Back
Top Bottom