hey, im thinking of building a custom pc so far ive found:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black
Cpu: AMD Phenom II x4 955
Cpu Cooler: Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU
Psu: Corsair GS Series 800W High Performance ATX PSU
Gpu: Radeon HD 5770 ( x2 possibly)
Hdd: WD Caviar Black 1 TB
DVD Drive: LG x22 DVD RW

Just wanted to know if this would work together and also wanted advice on what motherboard and ram to get?

Any help/criticism appreciated... Dan

I'm sure somebody with more knowledge on the subject will come and suggest something.... but I don't think you need an 800W PSU unless you plan on doing some pretty intense upgrading in the near future. Somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

Looks like a good build so far. I'd keep the 800w if you're planning on having 2x 5770s, having over the odds never hurts if you're using multiple GPUs.

For the motherboard if you can afford it throw a Crosshair IV Exteme or a Gigabyte GA-990-FXA UD7 board at it but that might be a touch of overkill... A slightly more reasonably priced idea might be an Asus M5A97 PRO 970

I use Corsair Vengance RAM which isn't too expensive and gives decent peformance. Might be worth a look for your build or some G-Skill RipjawsX or somthing like that. Id shoot for 1600 or higher depending on which board you decide...

thanks for the help guys and i do like the look of the Crosshair IV Exteme and Corsair vengance ram think this is what i shall use :)

Dan

Back
Top Bottom