RAM Question For My Desktop?

steven545

Beta member
I want to buy 2 1GB RAM sticks for my computer. I'm not really good with this stuff but I looked up what kind of RAM my computer takes and this is what came up: Computer memory upgrades for Dell Dimension 2400 Series Desktop/PC from Crucial.com

Ok, so I went on ebay to see if they had this RAM and I found this: 2GB DDR PC2700 2 GB PC 2700 2X 1GB 333 DESKTOP MEMORY | eBay

Is that the same as the RAM for my computer (refer to first link).. I'm not sure because there are some different numbers in the one I'm looking to buy.

That's the right RAM, though have fun buying it off of EBay. I don't trust no-name RAM, and would rather spend the extra money on name brand parts from newegg or amazon, but that's me.

Ultimately however, the RAM on eBay is correct.

I agree with the above. I would avoid buying RAM off eBay, you will often be left with little or no come back and RAM can be so tricky to get right.

I suggest mrmemory or crucial websites for RAM. Their prices are as good if not better than eBay and you get warranty even with the Value / No Name stuff. I have build hundreds of PC's using this value RAM and it works fine.

Make sure you get highest speed your computer can take, the crucial memory detector will find this out for you.

When you fit the RAM its important that you clean any dust from the RAM slots and also make sure your PC is completely powered off and earthed (use antic static mat or straps etc)

Daniel Hunt
Stroudy IT
www.stroudyit.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom