Entry level IT jobs

keltichiro

Beta member
...at the risk of sounding silly, because I've been a member for only a few minutes...

Is there any way to break into the IT field without a degree/certification? Any companies that offer to train a person?

A little background - I'm 27, and a college student (I'm majoring in web design) I've still got a way to go before I graduate. I've been tearing computers apart..and putting them back together since my early teens. I know a good bit, but there's a whole lot that I don't know, but I'd love to learn... I'm figuring if I could find an entry level job of sorts that would train me, or at least give me the opportunity to learn more, I'd be better off.

I've been looking for an IT job for awhile, but everything I see seems to require a bachelors degree and/or certifications.

I'd love an entry level web developer/design job...or just about any entry level job, I'm sure - I just really enjoy working with computers and I think I'd be happy regardless lol

I've been searching the forums a bit, but didn't really find anything answering this specifically..I could've overlooked it, if so I apologize

Thanks!

doesn't sound like you're looking for an entry level IT job, more of an entry level design or infrastructure job. 'entry level IT' is probably a nice way of saying 'support'.

I'm a first-line analyst for Fujitsu, the job is pretty difficult at times, there's alot of fixes to know and alot of accents to learn to work with. Only £6.75 an hour though.

Hi keltichiro,

It does depend upon your own interest. Mostly professionals especially in the graphics designing and Animation fields have not lots of certificate, but due to the creative work they earn lucrative money. Just need efforts.

Back
Top Bottom