What is Print Streaming?

WhereBob

In Runtime
This not be the right forum but here goes anyway.

Can someone tell me what print streaming is please? I see print streaming software but I can't seem to find anything that explains the actual process of print streaming.

Thanks

Well, if you don't know what it is why do you want it? Curious so I can help you. You see an icon on your computer that says print streaming? Anything else related to it? From the sound of it, it's just some additional software probably packaged with your printer for possibly remote printing via wireless access?

Well, if you don't know what it is why do you want it?
A custom Content Management software that I am looking into supports Print Streaming and converts print streams into electronic reports. Figure if I am going to use and understand this software I better understand all facets of it and what it can do for me. This is the only feature I have never heard of.

An excerpt from their literature
Convert Print Streams into Practical Electronic Reports

Process, organize, index and display print streams in easy-to-read electronic reports. Make data more accessible and easier to manage with the ability to print, fax and distribute in an electronic format from anywhere.

Simplify Report Management
•Streamline business with automated print stream processing that makes data manageable and searchable.
•Manage everything from one system that indexes, searches, displays and distributes reports.
•Control report quality before processing by previewing fully formatted samples with index values.
Any one know what print streaming or print streams are?

Thanks for your replies Regal.
Actually there are several products that offer this. I just need to know the definition of Print Streaming or Print Streams

Anyone know the definintion or process?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom