What Good Films You Seen Recently?

I saw that one in the theater. It was fairly entertaining, though the plot was pretty much identical to one of the older movies. The animation was excellent though. I'm really sick of every cartoon movie being CG.
I just remember it was so much like the old stuff and I loved Winnie the Pooh when I was a kid.

The Adjustment Bureau.

I second that. Also though older, Thought Crimes, and Inception.
I really liked The Inbetweeners. I was laughing all the way through it too, and would love to actually have a couple of friends like that haha. Wouldn't be a dull moment.

None - there are not any good films today. All the great stars have now gone to Hollywood in the sky, we have no stars nowadays, just a load of irrelevant rubbish of drama school calibre with not an atom of talent.

A film nowadays is no good unless somebody is kicking the hell out of somebody else in a Martial Arts fictitious comedy, getting blown up or blowing somebody else up, making a damned row, gunning the whole world up and a million other Mickey Mouse adventures that please kids or the cabbage brained adult audiences who fully believe in Rambo.

By the way, when an explosion blows humans up, you do not get complete bodies flying over 10 foot into the air with legs and arms flailing as created by stuntmen on trampolines and a flash grenade, you get BITS of bodies, heads, legs, arms, guts, lumps of flesh etc. Oh dear Hollywood - GROW UP !

Well I am looking forward to a TV repeat of Lonesome Dove, an 8 hour blockbuster of supreme quality, with some of the greatest stars of movie heyday, that I have of course seen before but will enjoy every minute of it. The nostalgia of impeccable film material and quality of acting will send me into a trance.

Well I am looking forward to a TV repeat of Lonesome Dove, an 8 hour blockbuster of supreme quality, with some of the greatest stars of movie heyday, that I have of course seen before but will enjoy every minute of it. The nostalgia of impeccable film material and quality of acting will send me into a trance.

It's available streaming on Netflix. I watched it not too long ago. It's very good, but I found it to be extremely depressing.

Somewhat off topic, but why is it that like every movie/TV show nowadays has to throw in at least one random sex scene? Does anybody actually want to see that? (serious question, by the way. I'm basically asexual, so I really have no grasp on this type of thing.)

None - there are not any good films today. All the great stars have now gone to Hollywood in the sky, we have no stars nowadays, just a load of irrelevant rubbish of drama school calibre with not an atom of talent.

A film nowadays is no good unless somebody is kicking the hell out of somebody else in a Martial Arts fictitious comedy, getting blown up or blowing somebody else up, making a damned row, gunning the whole world up and a million other Mickey Mouse adventures that please kids or the cabbage brained adult audiences who fully believe in Rambo.

By the way, when an explosion blows humans up, you do not get complete bodies flying over 10 foot into the air with legs and arms flailing as created by stuntmen on trampolines and a flash grenade, you get BITS of bodies, heads, legs, arms, guts, lumps of flesh etc. Oh dear Hollywood - GROW UP !

Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Robin Williams, Christian Bale you are telling me these are bad actors? Have you seen Fear and Loathing? Fight Club? What Dreams May Come? American Psycho? Movies aren't supposed to be reality, they are supposed to be crazy, exploring, questioning the status quo. Movies nowadays are just as good as they were back in the day.
And have you seen exploding bodies, you talk like you know. Hollywood has limits on what kind of gore they can show. Throwing chunks of meat around for an explosion will get an unrated movie which can't be shown in a theater.

One I am looking forward to coming out next week is "The Rum Diary" starring Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson (Paul Kemp). I've read part of the book before I got busy and didn't pick it back up, and it's not as crazy as any of the Fear and Loathing stories, so we'll see how it is.

OK Superman, I have played my joker and you have played yours. I know you enjoy poking me in the eye, but I wear eye protectors and it bounces off.
Now I can get on with my Snakes & Ladders, a real life adrenaline pumper.

I'm not poking you in the eye. I'm just asking if you've seen these movies. Seems to me you avoided the question. There are a lot of good movies out. To claim there are none because you saw one bad movie or you aren't into action movies like Rambo and every Arnold movie is a bold statement.

Snakes & Ladders is an ancient Indian board game doctored up in the 19th Century to Western standards and designed to test your courage and nerves to the limit. You have a chip on a board and it`s position is governed by the throw a dice. The chip is moved to the count of the dice throw, if it hits a snake - you go down it, if it hits a ladder - you go up it. The more ladders you climb, you win. Not for the squeamish.

It really is a triple "X" cert game and anybody with a heart condition, should not attempt it. Modern whizz-bang, exploding humans films and over indulgent Martial Arts rubbish just cannot compete.

Back
Top Bottom