Overclocking the I5 2500k...

DearlyDevoted

Beta member
If I overclock the I5 2500k to 4.5ghz I assume i would need an after market heat sink, would that be correct?

If so which one would you guys recommend?

i think you are gonna need a better cooler for that overclock. it's an 1,2ghz overclock.
for my overclock i dont need a better cooler then the stuck. i have a core i7 920. i have it clocked from 2,8 to 3,3. not i huge overclock but the stuck cooler is doing just fine.
i think i can even go to 3,4 without new cooler. more then that i dont think will be a good idea.

there is alot of good coolers out there. my favorite brand is cooler master.
the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus is a great cooler for the money. you can also get something more extreme like corsair H50 or the H70. that is some great small complete water coolers.
if you want something in the middle price range then i think the Cooler master V8 is awesome. there is also a cheaper V6. that is also a great cooler. better then the Hyper 212, but less than the V8.

before buying any of those you need to make sure that the new sucked 1155 mounting set is included in the box with the cooler. for an example: the V8 is older than the LGA 1366. but when the 1366 was realest, cooler master also realest a new box with the necessarily mounting set included.

Go for the corsair H50 ($69.99) or the H70 ($89.99). 10x better than stock fan and works 100x better (well maybe not 100x but a very big improvement will be noticed)

Back
Top Bottom