Cannot find RAM slot in my laptop

danlessor

Beta member
NHE5r.jpg

Can anyone help me find the ram? I'm trying to upgrade it.

smallest one in the center, right below the battery release. and is stamped 'DIMM'

thanks a lot. where is the ram though that's currently in it? Should I just ignore it and add the upgrade to the empty slot?

thanks a lot. where is the ram though that's currently in it? Should I just ignore it and add the upgrade to the empty slot?

It's most likely built in, it should say in system information whats in there. and yes, you can just add some, but will help if you can match the onboard with the new stuff as close as possible.

You should look up the model number of the laptop and look up the specs. If it only allows a max of 1gb and it has 512 already in it (internally - under the plate you're seeing) and you put a 1gb stick in it it will either
a) not work or
b) only recognize 1gb of it and you wasted some money.

It's most likely built in, it should say in system information whats in there. and yes, you can just add some, but will help if you can match the onboard with the new stuff as close as possible.

More than likely it's actually under the keyboard. I've never personally seen one where the RAM was built in, but have seen many (including my current laptop) where one stick is under the keyboard.

More than likely it's actually under the keyboard. I've never personally seen one where the RAM was built in, but have seen many (including my current laptop) where one stick is under the keyboard.

The netbook I own has the RAM built in (not under the KB) and several lower end OEM laptops do indeed have the RAM built into the system, usually soldered to the motherboard.

The netbook I own has the RAM built in (not under the KB) and several lower end OEM laptops do indeed have the RAM built into the system, usually soldered to the motherboard.

For the record, I never said it wasn't possible, only that I had not seen it :)

Back
Top Bottom