Check out this laptop...

It's a durable computer, similar to Panasonic Toughbooks which are VERY expensive. These are designed to take a beating and still run, hence the "Industrial Design" piece.

It's a durable computer

Far from it. My girlfriend has one of those. It's great for portability but it's fragile. Thankfully I told her to get the accidental damage warranty. Also hard drives are a pain to replace in them if they die, or you want to upgrade. I had to have HP send three drives before the sent one of the right form factor (1.8") and at the time, I couldn't find any online to buy myself...

Far from it. My girlfriend has one of those. It's great for portability but it's fragile. Thankfully I told her to get the accidental damage warranty. Also hard drives are a pain to replace in them if they die, or you want to upgrade. I had to have HP send three drives before the sent one of the right form factor (1.8") and at the time, I couldn't find any online to buy myself...

I'm not saying you are wrong, but that's the reason for the price see this quote:

It is designed to meet tough military standards (MIL-STD 810G) for vibration, dust, humidity, altitude, and high temperature

Trust me, I know. I have an Elitebook 8540 issued by my school, when I worked on the school's help desk I fixed almost nothing but Elitebook 8530s. They do not match claims. Overheat very often and a small drop is enough to kill the hitachi and WD hard drives they put inside of them, the same drives you can buy off of newegg. They might be designed to meet those standards, but the implementation does not meet them.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words:

2ziwmjr.jpg

and

2mydlow.jpg

We'll chalk it up to different model numbers and HP's usual gimmicky advertising. I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but the 'Beats Audio' that they claim is so awesome sounds just as tinny as other laptop speakers. Haha....

We'll chalk it up to different model numbers and HP's usual gimmicky advertising

I won't agree to that. All elitebooks come with that same advertising and they all suffer from heat issues. I've worked with hundreds of them and would never buy one or recommend one to a friend.

It's got HP written on it, so some noob will see it's HP and has an i7 and buy it anyway. Crap spec, flimsy as an old lady, expensive as a trip to vegas.

I'm going to snag this for just about everything that sucks from now on. Thanks for the LOL.

Back
Top Bottom