Computer upgrade advice

rajveer

Solid State Member
Hai friends hope all are fine
i am having a old type pc but working good
i want to upgrade it for playing games like batlefield 2 n all latest type games
my pc info is this:
system manufacturer:gigabyet tech
system model:m61pme-s2
bios:award moduler bios v6.00 pg
processor:amd semphron processor le1250 2.2ghz
ram 1gb
display
nvidia gforce6150se nforce 430

what thing i have to add or upgrade to play latest games
my one frnd suggest me to only have 2-3 bg ram n a graphic card 2gb
is it corect plz give me full info
thnx in advance

That system isn't upgradable to anything substantial. Socket AM2 is now two generations behind what AMD is releasing, and since you didn't list your power supply, you'll need something with some decent wattage to support anything else. Your motherboard would handle a 95 watt AM2 processor pretty easily, but I hesitate to recommend any of the 125 watt units for sake of not burning the poor thing out.

You could get a fairly decent range video card, such as a Radeon HD 6770 and maybe some more RAM, but Socket AM2 takes DDR2, and RAM prices on DDR2 is going up, it's almost not worth the upgrade anymore.

By the time you spend the necessary money to get it to a point to play the games you want, you may be better off starting over with an AM3+ AMD or LGA1155 Intel and the required parts.

Thnx og bro so i will sell this cpu
can u tell me a good cpu hre means features lit for playing latest gaming
i can affor upto i think 10000-15000 inr rs for cpu

Ouch, that works out to be about $304 if I did the conversion correctly, does that sound right? Not sure if you've ever done the conversion.

Can you let me know, in case I did the translation wrong?

Not very well, no. Even if you saved the hard drive, CDROM and case, you'd still have to buy a motherboard, CPU, RAM, possibly a video card, etc.

If you're not looking for stellar performance, the integrated graphics in some of the new AM3+ motherboards are fine, but your budget is pretty tight. If you could bump up to $400 or so, it gets a little easier.

Ohk og bro i'll cann u tell me nice parts for batllefield2,3 games n if u can tell me a nice gigabyte mother board , and a nice processor n graphic card for these games thnx i will waiting for reply n also please mention price

The Minimum I would recommend based on your wants, is this:

AMD Athlon II 640
AM3+ Motherboard (there's little reason to buy a plain AM3 board unless you find one at a screaming deal, even though I dislike the new Bulldozer based CPUs, the AM3+ platform is solid)
4 GB DDR3 1333 G.Skill Memory
Case
550 watt PSU or better
Hard drive of whatever size you can afford (minimum 250GB)
DVDROM/RW
GeForce GTX 560 Ti as a baseline. If you can't afford this card, you can try to drop down to a Radeon HD 6850, but you sacrifice a lot

My suggested build with parts from Newegg (not valid for you since you're in India) was $724.88, or translated to your money, 35472.13 INR.

if you drop the GTX 560 and go with the Radeon HD 6850, it drops the price down to about 30089.26 INR.

Back
Top Bottom