Kentucky Fried... obsoleteness?

I wouldn't think your new employers would be overly impressed with you posting that sort of stuff up online to be honest.

Have you any idea what it would take to replace the systems in every KFC in the country? Every time large companies upgrade their systems, it's a complete disaster for a few months. More than likely, they haven't upgraded because doing so would cause much more harm than good. You're basically working tech support, so all you hear about are the problems. Chances are they're a lot less common than you think.

I wouldn't think your new employers would be overly impressed with you posting that sort of stuff up online to be honest.

X2.

It's not just the cost of upgrading the workstations, it's everything.

moving away from windows 2000 means.

all the custom hardware (till keyboard, till screen, cash draw release, the little thing that puts the orders through to the kitchen) might not have drivers, and might have to change.

Indeed the POS software will have been custom written and might not work at all with a new version of windows (certain methods for example are now not allowed or work slightly differently).

far from just not impressed, you should read your contract for confidentiality clauses.

i don't work for KFC, but in Canada, it doesn't look like they've up graded here either. Even the physical store is out of date. I think the only thing they change is their logo on the box.

IMO who really cares as long as I get my bucket of chicken I don't care what kind of computer made it happen as long as it made it happen and without getting messed up

Back
Top Bottom