Build is almost complete

DubZizzle

Solid State Member
here is my build, but I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations?

Case: Coolermaster Haf 912 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K Quad Core Unlocked Processor LGA1155 3.3GHZ Sandy Bridge 6MB
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
Memory: G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL Ripjaws 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 240PIN DIMM Memory(non-ripjaws was not available)
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LE Z68 LGA1155 ATX DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA3 Audio Video Motherboard
Power: XFX 650W PRO650W Core Edition Single Rail ATX 12V 53A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Bronze PSU
DVD Drive: Samsung Samsung DVDRW 22X SATA Lightsc Retail
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT SP1 DVD OEM
Graphics: Powercolor Radeon HD 6950 800MHZ 2GB 5.0GHZ DDR5 2XDVI HDMI 2x Mini DP Dual Fan PCI-E Video Card

i really like that setup.

the PSU is a good one. high quality for a good price, but it is not modular. that might be a problem for you. having all those cables laying around. that would be a shame in a awesome case like that.
it is really a very good PSU, but for not much more money you can get a Cooler master that IS modular. you might consider it.

are you paying extra for the SATA 3 for your harddrive? if so: you might consider save some money and get a SATA 2. you will NOT use more bandwidth then SATA 2 allows with a Hard desk. you need SSD's for that, or some heavy raid config's.

some Radeon 6950 is unlockable. is that one unlockable? if not you might also want to get one that is. some of them cost more money though. here is what i am talking about: AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 Mod | techPowerUp

Thanks for the input, Ill take a look and see if those things are available.

One more question, are all those parts compatible with eachother (ie. they all work together etc)

What if I changed the Processor to
Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Unlocked Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge 8MB ,would it all still be compatible?

What would you guys recommend me get? i52500k or i72600k? I will primarily be using the computer for gaming as well as photoshop and video editing.

The i7 is of course faster. Is the extra money worth the performance? Well, that depends on the buyer. To me, I always buy on the high end of the spectrum when I am building a tower. So I would personally.

i agree with nathandg. i am also like that. i want the best, so i would personally also get the i7.
you might not need it. i just know for sure that I need it.

What would you guys recommend me get? i52500k or i72600k? I will primarily be using the computer for gaming as well as photoshop and video editing.

To kind of paraphrase what the other guys here are saying:

i5 2500k - good for power users on a budget

i7 2600k - good for power users who want the most performance.

The only difference between the two that you should care about is the absence of hyper-threading on the i5 model, but since both CPUs have the "K" in the model name, they can be overclocked freely, so you may find that performance is right where you want it to be.

If it were me, and you're serious about video editing and photoshop, the choice is a no-brainer, get the i7

Back
Top Bottom