Installing XP on an Aspire One netbook

jasonscc

Solid State Member
Good morning,

I'm looking to install Windows XP Home as a dual-boot with the pre-installed Windows 7. The netbook is an Acer Aspire One D257. I'm having the typical issue of the Windows XP disk not detecting the SATA hard drive. The BIOS is currently configured for AHCI. When checking the Acer website, it only lists Windows 7 drivers and nothing for XP.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for obtaining the XP driver installation it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

After looking around, I've determined that what I need specifically are Intel® NM10 Express Chipset drivers for Windows XP, if that helps any more.

What we need is the specific driver files required to load during the Windows XP setup. You will need to grab the 'All' folder from this installation file. It typically extracts itself to an Intel folder on your drive.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DownloadType= Utilities, Tools and Examples

Once you have grabbed this folder, you need to load the drivers on a floppy disk drive (USB in this case) so you can install the drivers when the OS disc is loading. If you don't have a floppy drive, you have to slipstream the drivers onto an XP disc which I typically don't help people with. Let me know if you need more help.

I am using ACER ASPIRE ONE D257 NETBOOK..I need all the drivers for this in windows XP.
Acer.com Worldwide - Select your local country or region

acer website has only drivers for windows 7..but i need for XP

did you guys find any...

I would just upgrade to pro.. because Home is restricted in too many ways for my taste. With pro you can get virtual XP for free.. and it's better to run it at the same time in my opinion.

You have to just take your specific parts and google them with "driver" following. Good luck... It might be a lot of work :)

-Q

Back
Top Bottom