Replacing RAM

chrisreedreed

Beta member
Morning all,

I am new and have a question for you all.

I have at the moment DDR2 PC2 5300 Ram, i have two spare slots and a friend has got some CORSAIR 2GB 2 x 1GB PC2 8500, will that work alongside this RAM. ?

I understand that it will only run at the speed of the slowest RAm, but i just need extra RAM.

Thanks guys

It'll work, but it won't be stable unless everything is matched. Bear that in mind if the system shows any signs of instability.

Thank you guys.

I guess i'll put it in an if it causes issues ill remove the old RAM and keep the new Ram in there.,

i've mixed ram for many years, never had any big issues. not to say its rare, but not all that common you'll have a problem.

I suggest to you to do not add maximum size of RAM for your computer. Cause your mainboard will be damaged. You can browse the internet to know the proper size of RAM for your computer type.

Visit this site to learn more about RAM for your system.

Memory / RAM | Techyv.com

avajo's point is BS. You won't damage the motherboard by using "the maximum size" of RAM.

But I get my motherboard experience something problem. I can't use it again, before I change my motherboard with new one.

But I get my motherboard experience something problem. I can't use it again, before I change my motherboard with new one.

You fried the board with ESD, or otherwise mishandled it. Motherboards can't be damaged by installing the maximum amount of RAM. It either won't work, or it will. If it doesn't work, there's many reasons why, but just installing the maximum number of sticks or RAM amount won't kill the board itself.

Back
Top Bottom