CPU temp [question]

Clexzor

Beta member
Hey there currently having issues with my cpu temp mainly idle. Basically its idling between 44-47c however load temps seem fine 66-69c. I have it oc'd to 3.2 - 1.25 vcore ran prime 95 for 2 hours never exceeded 69c anyways specs this cpu came out an gateway fx 01e its an i7 920 c0 bloomfield.

On the cooling part i have the khuler 920 it gets better temps with pumping air in rather than out.
I have arctic silver applied reseated mutiple time i have it nice and tight.
Anyways i was just wondering if anyone has encountered this before i was planing on replacing it otherwise friend told me its probably an uneven chip?

antec khuler 920
Corsair 700 gs psu
x58 Sabertooth
i7 920 3.2 1.25 vcore
12 gb vengeance ram
intel 120 gb ssd
400gb extra hdd
GTX 560 ti fpb

i dont understand the question ? are you asking are your temps to hot ?

if so you, its hard to judge, is it a hot day really cold day, what are the ambient temps. all of that matters when doing temp checks

Yes sorry basically just wondering why this chip idles warm it ran like that on other pc high idle yet load never exceeding 68-72c chip is near 3 years old now.

ambient 27c

Yes it has im building this a second unit for brother the cpu came out of an gatewar fx he had a zalman 9900 on it beofre with idles around 39-45 and loads of 68-73 could it jusst be a hot cpu or an eneven plate?
Btw going to try and improve air flow but really dont think that is the reasoning ive ran i7's around 3.6 with lower temps yet high loads so just wierd anyways hopefully its not about to go super nova..

just a silicon lottery, ambient temps are not that bad, at the end of the day its an old cpu and they didnt really run cool like the new ones do, as long as it doesnt go over or close to 100c you have nothing to worrie about

Back
Top Bottom