New buy

amanikshot

Baseband Member
Hey guys I just got my inspiron 570 delivered today and it's great and all but the psu is 230 w so I was wondering can I change it??

Judging by the looks, it is indeed an ATX formfactor case, so you should be able to buy just about any ATX power supply for it. The only thing to be careful about is the motherboard. Dell has a history of making boards with proprietary power connections. If you can snap a photo of the board to post here, we can tell you for sure if that is the case or not.

Cool I will do that but I live in Ireland so it is late and I need to go to bed:)
I will post a pic tomoz nite

It's for my dad and his office work with a bit of family gaming but I am just thinking about the future and 230 w is very weak:/

The power supply is rated for the system itself. People get all in a tizzy when they see numbers like that on OEM power supplies. They're rated for the systems they sell them with, and they'll work fine. My question of "Will it do what you need it to" was directed more at the PC's intended usage and purchase, so the answer would be either "Yes" or "No" - in your case, it looks like a "Yes" in which my answer would be "Then it's a fine PC for you" ;)

PSU brand is gonna be a lot more important than the wattage. I had a 400W PSU running my AMD dual core with a 9800GT and 3 hard drives, it ran fine. You won't need to swap out the power supplies unless you want a better brand or you plan to add a graphics card.

no real need to even change anything on the computer, unless your going to overclock it and add in a graphics card, otherwise dont waist your money

Back
Top Bottom