Gaming Rig Build

JamesDokken

Beta member
Tell me what you think.
I'm buying all parts off

I'm still deciding between MSI graphics cards.
Trying to decide if the lightning is worth the extra money
or maybe even a GTX 590 as soon as they release stuff that isn't the first stock items.

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php

Untitled-1.jpg

Why a triple DIMM kit? LGA1155 is a dual channel platform. 8GB is what you want for that build.
Power supply is also way way overkill, but otherwise it looks fine.

yeah agree with og, triple dimm wont work lol, anyways maybe the power supply isnt over kill, might want to do sli later on and still have some breathing space to overclock everything.

all in all seems like a good build, most problem with people building computers is they go for the best of the best. and sometimes it isnt really want you need and you will just be spending extra money that could go somewhere else,
if your going to just be playing games on it and doing the usual stuff on it then theres really no need for the i7 2600K, also if your not going to overclock it then dont bother with the K series. if you are going to be overclocking stuff like that just get te i5 2500K, its cheaper and better bang for your buck, i have a i5 2500K, i do photography, so that means photoshop running all day everyday and a lot of raw image editing and it takes a lot of processing and my i5 even on stock clocks can handle is very well. also with the graphics card your best bet is to get the msi gtx580 lighting edition but the 3GB version, which isnt at pccasegear yet and if you dont want to wait for it just get the gigabtye gtx580 ulra durable, and just find some dual dimm ram and your all ready to order your parts

P.S id love to get my hands on msi gtx580 lighting edition haha in sli

Wow, dude you are way overpaying for everything!
Go to TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics they have the best prices and great support via phone or chat. I built this 10 months ago:
HAF932 case
AMD Phenom x4 955
Corsair vengeance RAM 16gig (overkill, but was on sale)
Ultra 650w power supply
ASUS M4A89GTX pro
WD 1Tb hard drive

All for just about $800

I know you can get all your stuff cheaper there. Anyway good luck

Yeah I'm using it to record music as well on the website 8GB of ram is just $30 less. So why not a spend a bit more. Also i do have plans to overclock in the future.

I was actually thinking about the Extreme Edition graphics card.
I was thinking about ordering it from America because i cant find a single website Australian based that sells them other then scorptech computers. Who have already sold all their stock and have no ETA on more stock.

But im not know sure if you can overclock the Extreme edition. Thats why im planning on lightning cards down the track

Back
Top Bottom