first smartphone..

detox1

Daemon Poster
picked the hTC EVO 3D. lets see where this goes...
never thought i would get one... but, I guess its unavoidable in todays world.

I've looked up on that, and the general consensus is its on par with most other smartphones.
But I'm thinking it all depends on what is running in the backround.
I'll mess around with it and see what happens.

My friend had one, and some days she'd send me a message over the office communicator at work around 10am and tell me her phone already died and she wasn't even using it. Seemed like she had to have it constantly plugged in while driving or at the apartment too. My Inspire isn't like that. And I don't think she used hers a whole lot. I'm not sure what it was.

I use a program called advanced task killer to keep background programs from running. Before I used that program, I was lucky to get 6, maybe 8 hours on a full charge.. Now, I can manage 12 to 16. Not much of an improvement, but it helps. I've noticed that also keeping the phone updated as far as firmware and Android versions helps, as well.

I have an HTC Evo 4G btw...

breaking in the battery properly is something people don't think about sometimes. If you don't it kills the battery immediately.

With today's lithium-based batteries the only thing you have to worry about is over-draining, that's what kills them.

Back
Top Bottom