Urgant need help with my pc

Nimbah

Beta member
Need help with my pc?
I have a dell Optiplex GX60.

A few days ago when I tried to log on to Windows, it wouldn't accept my password. After numerous tries it still wouldn't work. As I needed to use the pc urgently I installed Ubuntu for the time being. As the pc does not have a cd drive, I installed Windows 7 on a usb stick and booted from it. After installation I found out that the graphics card did not support Windows 7. So I tried Xp. After several times trying to install and several versions it still wouldn't work.

I need to be able to use windows xp on it or upgrade my graphics card for windows 7, but I dont know what to upgrade it to.

Help?

Thanks

That is a really old PC, I wouldn't even consider running Windows 7 on it. Upgrading your graphics card won't do you much good.

Was there anything you still needed on your Windows XP partition? You can probably access your stuff throguh Ubuntu and back it up then delete your XP partition and reinstall XP.

That is a really old PC, I wouldn't even consider running Windows 7 on it. Upgrading your graphics card won't do you much good.

Was there anything you still needed on your Windows XP partition? You can probably access your stuff throguh Ubuntu and back it up then delete your XP partition and reinstall XP.

I already installed Windows 7 Via Usb on it but everything was really big due to my graphics card.
The problem is that im running Ubuntu on it at the moment, I want to install windows xp on but everytime I try and do that Via Usb it just goes 'Unable to find bootmgr or something. When I used Win2Flash It would say press F1 to continue then it would just freeze

Btw I didn't partition the hard drive, I did a clean install.

Back
Top Bottom