Help with Project: Please fill in this questionnaire about Climate change

Ditto! According to my IET mag, there are 4000 fatalities in the Coal generation industry per every fatality in the nuclear industry.
I do find it interesting that nearly everyone I know in the industry itself thinks the same thing about nuclear power...

I've heard that coal-fueled power stations release more radioactive material into the environment than nuclear power-stations.

I do find it interesting that nearly everyone I know in the industry itself thinks the same thing about nuclear power...

Yeah, unfortunately in a democracy though, even the uninformed have an opinion. And the UK has a fanstastic "Yeah I'm up for that, just not in my back yard" mentality.

Yeah, unfortunately in a democracy though, even the uninformed have an opinion. And the UK has a fanstastic "Yeah I'm up for that, just not in my back yard" mentality.
With nuclear power I don't see why though. I lived near to (few miles away, well within the fry-ing zone if it went Chernobyl) a nuclear power station for a number of years and I never minded. Again, I think the only reason why people would mind is because they've been ill-informed by the various myths that have spread around.

Besides, if nuclear power was prominent enough, we'd have a lot more research into it and personally if that was the case I think we'd have cracked fusion by now, meaning that the fission reactors would be likely be phased out anyway!

Thanks guys, and thanks for spotting ive left out the internet! I had it included in one of the versions, but I've obviouvsly uploaded the incorrect version. Rather novice mistake. I've edited now, but obviously has skewed my results somewhat of the people that have already taken it.... rather embarrassing.....

feel free to ask other people to take the questionnaire, I'll give reputation to all that have taken it so far as its a very nice thing to do in helping me.

Back
Top Bottom