First computer build. Having issues.

Merish

Solid State Member
Here is what I bought: ASUS Sabertooth P67 MOBO, Intel i5 - 2500K CPU, Gigabyte GTX 560 GPU, 8GB of some RAM that I don't remember the name of, Coolmaster 750w PSU, Cavalier 1 TB HD, Sony CD/DVD RW. Installed it all according to manufacturers directions (So I believe). Start it up.. and then it shuts off after 2 seconds.. and then it starts up again. It does not beep at all. Does not display anything when connected to VGA or HDMI. All the fans and drives run. There is however an LED on the MOBO that is red and in the guide this LED indicates: CPU LED. Does anyone know what is wrong here? Any help appreciated.

have you installed the ram correctly. on older computers it didn't matter witch slot you used for your ram, but it does now. if you have a dual kit then install them in slot 1 and 3.
slot 1 is the first to the right of the CPU and then comes slot 2,3 and 4.

Check to see if the CPU is seated correctly, make sure you put the 8 pin 12v plug in next to the CPU socket, make sure everything plug up correctly, such as GPU ect ect....

i have a problem like that one, turned out to be my GPU, i just put in a different GPU started up fine, took me 2 days to figure out what it was tho. if you have a spare old shitty GPU just throw it in get it fire up.

Check to see if the CPU is seated correctly, make sure you put the 8 pin 12v plug in next to the CPU socket, make sure everything plug up correctly, such as GPU ect ect....

i have a problem like that one, turned out to be my GPU, i just put in a different GPU started up fine, took me 2 days to figure out what it was tho. if you have a spare old shitty GPU just throw it in get it fire up.

This the ASUS has a troubleshoot LED's if it lights up in the CPU reseat it like nikko said.

have you installed the ram correctly. on older computers it didn't matter witch slot you used for your ram, but it does now. if you have a dual kit then install them in slot 1 and 3.
slot 1 is the first to the right of the CPU and then comes slot 2,3 and 4.

This is true for Intel CPUs. I've yet to run into this problem with AMD boards, FYI. :)

and if the board is showing an error LED for CPU, definitely check that the CPU is seated properly, and that the heatsink is making good contact with the CPU. If the CPU can't keep itself cool, this behavior is pretty common.

This is true for Intel CPUs. I've yet to run into this problem with AMD boards, FYI. :)

really? thats awesome. you have a motherboard with the AM3 socket right? so that's a newer one. try to pull out your ram and insert 1 ram block in your port 2. and try again in port 3.
i think you are gonna run into trouble. i don't know for sure. but it is pretty awesome if it does boot.

We have several AM3 systems here at work, and it doesn't matter which slot you put the RAM into, it just matters for dual channel performance and using the ganged/unganged feature of the IMC.

Intel systems rarely work that well, we have several i5's and i7's that spit capacitors at us when we don't insert the RAM exactly according to the book. I can understand why, but sheesh.

I hate to admit my amateurism (word?) but I didn't even even connect the 8 pin CPU power. Everything is running swell now. Feels good to be on a half decent computer. Next: Overclocking :)

O.. and thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom