Upgrading help Urgent Z68 or P67

niiko101

In Runtime
hey everyone

im upgrading my motherboard, but theres only one problem.

Z68 or P67

im using 2x Gainward Phantom GTX 570 GPU's and they take up almost 3 slots
also a Asus Xonar STX soundcard.

anyone got any ideas on a good motherboard.

z68 hands down. It's everything the Sandy Bridge chipset should have been.

lol yes yes i know this stuff but my problem is i cant find a board that will fit my shit lol excuse my french i might just wait for the 2011 stuff to come out see what they have to offer. i can find a board to fit i just want to space out my gpu's futher apart there only 1inch or so away from each other so gpu 1 it hitting 70 degree C temps, even up to 80's sometime where as gpu 2 is only sitting 50's 60's. im screwed arnt i?,

GPU temps are normal well into the 90C range. They're designed to operate within that thermal profile. There are tons of boards out there that have the spacing you want, problem is, they do tend to be a little more expensive than the mainstream ones.

I run two 5870's in CrossFire and they are immediately adjacent to each other and do just fine.

yea, problems with motherboards over here is they delay them to be released, in aus we still havent got the evga sli or ftw series yet, scythe gentle typhoons you wont find anywhere and a lot of other stuff.

the only board i saw that would be good for me was the msi big bang marshal but they discontinued that in aus

Back
Top Bottom