I didn't do that...

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
well, I got sick of Windows 7 and put XP Pro x64 back on my rig, which seems to have removed the problems I was getting (who knows why, my rig is more than capable of Win7.) Since doing that, I've encountered a new phenomenon...

This is a screenshot of CPU-Z from yesterday

303288_204306719637813_100001754605156_494949_1118628329_n.jpg

See, it's reading the clock speed as 3.36GHz, and it is clocked at 2.8GHz by factory default and I haven't overclocked it myself. Any idea why this might be?

i have no idea why (sounds very weird), but can't you just set it to default in the bios?

and what was your problem with win7? just curious.

I probably could I'll look later xD

And i was just getting ntoskrnl and ntfs.sys errors all the time on 7, reinstalled several times to no avail, even changed versions from Pro to Ultimate. They all seemed to go away when i put Pro x64 on.

Eww, Windows XP x64. Such a tangled mess of an OS.

If you can't get 7 working on it and XP x64 DOES work, then something IS wrong with the PC. :p

Unplug the power cable, pull the battery out of the mobo and walk away from it for a day. Might sort it out.

pulling out the battery will clear the BIOS but you don't have to have it out from your motherboard a hole day. 1 minute is plenty.

It's possible that your RAM caused the overclock. I got that off my older board when I put faster memory in, it overclocked the FSB to match the speed of the RAM. I might be way off base here, but that's what happened to me. I don't see why it would suddenly happen without changing any hardware though.

Back
Top Bottom