Building My First Computer, will this stuff work?

No, you should always buy the fastest single card you can afford. Only worry about SLI/CrossFire if you buy a larger monitor but don't want to trade out for a newer (and likely more expensive) video card. At that point, upgrading to dual cards to save some money is where it makes the most sense (unless you buy both high end cards at the same time)

I speak from experience on this part, but you can decide how you want to go either way.

The write speeds on that Crucial drive really suck, if you're trying to keep yourself on the cheap side, it would be fine for light to medium use, but if you find that its performance is underwhelming, don't discount the importance of fast writes.

If you can wing it, this drive is bloody fast for the price: (capacity is just about the same too)

Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F60GBGT-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Ok I probably will get that. Now I was wondering is it better to get 2 SSD that are like 30gb ea and set them up RAID 0? Would this make them even faster or is that for hdd only?
Thanks.

Yes, two SSDs in RAID 0 should increase performance as they would in HDDs. I'm planning on doing this for my upgrade early next year, to retire the two WD Raptor 150's I'm using right now - I have them in RAID 0 for space issues (I hate managing a single 150GB boot drive) and I figure since the 120GB SSD's are at a price I can afford right now, it's an ok move to go to. The speed boost on my PC will also be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom