not booting

wahowee

Baseband Member
need help guys. my pc was working fine until now. it turned off it self and now i cant turn it back on. what it does is sometimes the keyboard lights keeps flashing for 5 to 7 times but no display. sometimes it flashes only once but still no display on monitor. monitor power led keps blinking as well. already tried ...
-resetting bios
-changing the battery
-change ram to another slot.
-clean cpu
-check video card (unhook/hook) to mobo.
still my cpu does the same thing. and im not using a external lan card. i use the one onboard the mobo. i cant even get to bios anymore. theres just nothing on display when i power up my PC. and theres no beep now when i power it up.

computer gurus please help me.

I assume in all of this you had the PC unplugged for more than 5 minutes? (from AC power)

yes sir i had it unplugged. i tried testing my ram to a friends PC and it it works fine so im thinking that it could be the mobo. also tried a different power supply still the same. and trieed to use the onboard video card and still the same. anymore advice?

Can u see Bios splash screen eg ASUS ect on boot or just nothing at all??

if not check to see that haven't bent a pin on you VGA cable when plugging it in ?

If you've done all of that, yeah, sounds like it could be the motherboard. Bummer. :(

guys thanks alot for the replys. i think i did all the troubleshooting that can be done but im also done LOL. i save my self the trouble and bought a new mobo and a new memory. haha. needed to upgrade my unit anyway. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom