what can the problem be? please help :D

HmGLuCaS

Beta member
hey guys,

i was wondering what is wrong with my computer, is it my specs or something gone wrong? my computer keeps randomly freezing and vertically lines appear with different coloured backgrounds. At first i thought it was my cpu fan dead and my video card so i got them replaced, however the problem still occurs. i think its my motherboard or powersupply if not then my ram?

please help me out, really stuck here

if u guys need a photo of the vertically lines, ill be sure to capture it next time it reappears

CPU: i7 920 @ 2.6ghz
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6790
RAM: 4gb of OCZ DD3 at 2048 mbytes
Motherboard: gigabyte ex58-ud4
Powersupply: Corsair 650w

Make sure you run an overnight MemTest on the system, easiest way to do this is to grab Hirens Boot CD (Download Hiren ) and burn it to a CD, then run it from your system, run the MemTest overnight and see if the lines come up then, and if the RAM runs the test all night without errors. If the RAM tests fine but you still get the lines, I'd suspect a motherboard issue for sure, but it could also possibly be a power supply issue - even though it's a name brand, if you can test with another power supply, I wouldn't shy away from it so that you could be sure.

Make sure you run an overnight MemTest on the system, easiest way to do this is to grab Hirens Boot CD (Download Hiren ) and burn it to a CD, then run it from your system, run the MemTest overnight and see if the lines come up then, and if the RAM runs the test all night without errors. If the RAM tests fine but you still get the lines, I'd suspect a motherboard issue for sure, but it could also possibly be a power supply issue - even though it's a name brand, if you can test with another power supply, I wouldn't shy away from it so that you could be sure.

Thanks for that :) ill do that right away

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom