Picking a Good Laptop for games

ranma274

Solid State Member
Good day everyone. I'm planning on buying a good laptop but i don't know much in picking good specs for computers or laptops so i hope you guys would help me out in choosing a good laptop that can at least play my games smoothly

Someone told me of this laptop with these specs:

HP
-Pavilion dm4
dm4-20334

-2nd generation Intel core i5-2410 Processor (2.3GHz)

-750Gb Hardrive

-6144MB DDR3

-DVD Optical Drive

-Genuine Win7 Home Prem.

-14.0" diagonal HD Brightview LED Disp.

WLAN and Bluetooth

My problem now is that it i don't think it has a graphics card so would it still play games like assassin's creed? and would i be still use photo shop in that? and what happens now that it doesn't have a video card compared to a laptop with a video card?

I currently have a desktop that only has 2GB ram, Intel pentiumII i think and an nvidia8500 force video card with 300GB HD..

Don't even think about gaming on a laptop without a dedicated GPU. It'll be useless for anything more than very old games. I suggest you go to newegg.com and look at ASUS laptops. Many of them have proper dedicated GPUs, and their reliability is going to be better than HP. I cannot tell you much more than that unless you post a budget and the size you want.

Really? Which GPU should i pick? so the laptop mentioned above won't play my games?

Edit:
Other than the GPU the above specs is enough for games right?

my budget is about 700$ what size do you mean? the screen? sorry I'm a total newbie.. >.<

Newegg is up for me. Try reloading, or maybe use a different browser.

The first one is $700, the second is $780. If there's any way you can stretch your budget, go for the second one. It's immeasurably better, though it is refurbished and somewhat large.

EDIT: If you cannot get the pages to load still, let me know and I can screenshot them for you or post links to the manufacturer's webpage.

Well actually my mother is gonna buy it for me and I'm already getting a hard time to persuade her to buy me one :p...hahah..

I still can't access it sir. That would be great if could screenshot it for me or the link any of them would be fine :))))

Back
Top Bottom