Windows 95!! help!

for the OP.
check out VMware, you can use vmware player and run windows 95, and pass through access to hardware (I assume parallel port). -and that software is free. ...
Alas, I suggested using a VM 4 days ago but the OP doesn't seem interested in that option but didn't say why.

I did not wish to come off as an ingrate. It is just that I only have a vague idea of how to do this ...I looked some of the virtual sites..and what seems simple to you is quite foreign to me. I will continue to try to get a grasp of this virtual world that seems a beautiful solution if I can work it. Here is a quick run down of pertinent's which i may have been unclear about. I recently learned that the software I own has to be activated by it's maker...once down loaded they provide via OLD FASHIONED modem (hard line,) an activation key. I also found out it is now 95/98 compatible. I am still trying to sort this mess out as I have paid them 40,000.00 and feel ripped off because they still control what I paid for. If they go belly up tomorrow I bet the main thing on their mind will be me! Wizard International (wizard 5000) cmc computerized mat cutter.

Do you have the Win 95 install disks and the disks to install the cmc software? You would need those for sure to setup a virtual machine which is very similar to setting up a physical machine in that the OS and applications must be installed. As an example, here is the documentation for VMWare to install Guest OSes (the guest OS is the OS you want to run in the VM, in your case Win 95). Look at page 22 for details regarding Win 95.

I looked at the Wizard Website and didn't see the Wizard 5000 listed (presumably because it's older and no longer supported). Have you called them to ask their assistance? I saw that they had some kind of upgrade program but have no idea if it is economically feasible or not.

Where are you located? Maybe someone is in your area or could recommend someone in your area to help you out.

It might be possible to transfer the license over. Someone computer savvy might be able to figure it out and do it.

Back
Top Bottom