Question about the Bible

That's exactly what I'm implying. It's a stretch... I know, but I fail to see a virus that mutates just outside of our built up immunity every 365 days and the pharmaceutical company coming to our rescue just in time, every single year. Do new variations of this virus have a hangout they know about and just wait outside for the new mutation to start processing it's vaccine? How do they get a hold of the 'next big cold' the same time every year?

Influenza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This explains it fairly well.

In short: influenza is an RNA-based virus, which causes it to have a very high mutation rate. It's always changing. The reason it seems to pop up every year in a different strain is because it's only really communicable during certain seasons. Then it has the rest of the year to just keep changing. The CDC basically monitors the most common mutations and decides which one is the most likely to become widespread, and that's what they focus on creating a vaccination for.

That really doesn't explain anything... it states that it evolves rapidly and seasonally and Wikipedia is not an authority in Biology or micro-organisms. That's a article written based on observation.

www.encyclopedia.com said:
A new concern regarding influenza is the possibility that hostile groups or governments could use the virus as an agent of bioterrorism. A report published in early 2003 noted that Type A influenza virus has a high potential for use as such an agent because of the virulence of the Type A strain that broke out in Hong Kong in 1997 and the development of laboratory methods for generating large quantities of the virus. The report recommended the stockpiling of present antiviral drugs and speeding up the development of new ones.

Wonder where they got that idea from?

I guess a lot of my beliefs don't agree with the Church. But they are the original core basic Catholic beliefs. Follow in the image of Jesus. A lot of stuff that the Church dabbles in now, stating their opinion like it's the opinion of everyone. That's something that isn't right in my opinion.

And you give the examples of the millions God killed. That's just how things were written and stories were told in that time period. If the story were rewriten in today's culture, it would be very different. Yet the same message could be portrayed.

I guess a lot of my beliefs don't agree with the Church. But they are the original core basic Catholic beliefs. Follow in the image of Jesus. A lot of stuff that the Church dabbles in now, stating their opinion like it's the opinion of everyone. That's something that isn't right in my opinion.

And you give the examples of the millions God killed. That's just how things were written and stories were told in that time period. If the story were rewriten in today's culture, it would be very different. Yet the same message could be portrayed.

I don't have any problem with your interpretation of Christianity. My problem is with the Catholic one, where they literally believe in the examples I posted. They're perfectly fine with worshipping their psychopathic, genocidal, ego-tistical, mass-murdering interpretation of God.

I don't have any problem with your interpretation of Christianity. My problem is with the Catholic one, where they literally believe in the examples I posted. They're perfectly fine with worshipping their psychopathic, genocidal, ego-tistical, mass-murdering interpretation of God.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I go to an adult ministry thing, and there are a few of those people there.

Back
Top Bottom