first cpu cooler upgrade.

detox1

Daemon Poster
]I was really tired of the jet engine sound coming from the stock AMD cooler.
so today I bought the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. I was looking at Arctic Freezer 13 PRO as well but I chose Cooler Master for two reasons, first and most important was price, almost $20 cheaper for a similar product. and it has the highest cfm @76.8 with a dBA of 32 at top speed. that plus good reviews and easy install.
coolermaster1v.jpg

It's hard to see, but there is less than half an inch of clearance after the panel goes on.
coolermaster4.jpg

Looks like you have the same bracket situation as myself (having to make the heatsink aim "up" instead of "back")

I was worried that it would introduce cross flow situations, but it's been doing a great job on my X6. Congrats!

I choose to install it this way because the cool air comes in from the bottom/front and exhausts out the top and rear. the fan on the cooler is blowing up. so I though this would just go with the flow in the case.
I can turn it so it blows towards the rear of the case if I want.

Interesting, because my case has a similar setup, and I can't change the heatsink to direct airflow to the back, which is what I would have preferred (though, with my HAF 932 case, it's probably not a big deal)

Back
Top Bottom