Integrated Graphics Card

Matty208

Beta member
Hi. I bought a PC a few weeks back, has 4 gigs of RAM, a 3GHz processor, but the graphics card isn't so great.

I have '256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Integrated Graphics'

I have read that I cannot change this graphics card, but I can install more and disable the integrated graphics in my systems BIOS.

Seeing as the graphics card I have at the moment is NVIDIA, would another NVIDIA be what my PC supports?

If so, what graphics card would you recommend? Am using my PC for gaming - such as WoW.

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Also, I forgot to add that the reason I would like to upgrade is because of my low FPS in games.

yeah you can easy install a new graphic card. just install it. plug the VGA/DVA cable into the card. start the computer and install the drivers from the website (never use the CD that comes with the card. old outdated drivers)
it does support all nvidia and AMD/ATI cards out there. you properly cant run 2x ATI/AMD cards in crossfire though because it is an nvidia chip the motherboard is using.
just about any modern cards out there can run WoW.
before buying a card for a brand made PC, you must check if the card will fit in the case. there are BTX and ATX motherboards. BTX is then the motherboard is turning the wrong way inside the case, so some of those PC's cant support a dual slot graphiccard because the the next slot needed is the solid back of the case.
any modern card today has dual slot. so check if it fits first, then pretty much any modern card will work for WoW. how much money are you willing to spend?

Thankyou, that sorts that one out then. I'm not worried about the money, just feel like i need a new graphics card as the rest of my pc is decent, and it seems as though it's my graphics card that is giving me low FPS.

yeah it is diffidently your onboard GPU that makes games lag.
what games are you playing? are you only playing WoW? do you care much about graphic?

Just about anything discreet is going to be better than that Integrated card. AMD or nVidia, it won't matter, so find a chipset that you like with performance that fits your budget, and pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom