Would this computer run anything top spec?

edge0

Beta member
Hey there, I was wondering if this computer could run basically anything top spec, even games to come like Skyrim and Battlefield 3 with nice stable fps...
Thanks!

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K overclocked to 4.60GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Intel Z68 DDR3 Motherboard
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA 6GB/s
Cooler: OcUK H2 Flo CPU Cooler
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 6850 ICEQ TURBO 1024MB

mmmnn i would say you could run everything out now at top specs smoothly apart from maybe metro 2033. BF3 however to run it at ultra settings I have heard you will need at least 2x GTX560Tis to get good frame rates on ultra settings at decent screen resolutions. so you will probably need to upgrade your graphics card if you want max settings and also depending on your screen size

Thanks for the reply :)

My friend said that I should ask the person to take off the overclock before it's sent because it would overheat too much with that overclock? Is that true?

(I'm buying it from a site and that overclock is an option)

it will be hard for me to comment as I dont have any experience with that cooler but it should have been overclocked by people who know what they are doing so I wouldnt worry about it too much and if it does wrong then you can always send it back to them. See if you can find some reviews online for it

If the maker suggests an overclock as a option (and you pay for it) then the system will be warrantied to run at the overclock, so there's no reason to not take it with the overclock. If you pay for it and then tell them not to overclock it, save your money and just do the overclock yourself.

Back
Top Bottom