Why wont this memory work?

cuthstan

Beta member
i have a biostar TA790GX A3+ motherboard and trying to upgrade memory. I brought patriot psd38g1333kh memory and my computer wont boot up with it in, someone explain whats wrong?

yes as far as i can tell, i can put back in the old memory and it works fine, but however the new memory wont allow the computer to boot up

Does the new memory require specific voltage? It could be that the board is not detecting the proper voltage to use so the RAM isn't working stably enough to do anything.

Also, is there just one stick or two? If it's just one, it could possibly be faulty - if it's two separate sticks chances of them both being faulty are rather more slim!

You probably have wrong type of memory. If it doesn't not
Boot up and does with other memory I bet it is wrong type

Entirely possible the modules are bad, or got shocked during some point of their handling. If you have another PC to try them out in, it might be worthwhile, otherwise if neither stick works at all (try them individually, your motherboard will work with just one stick at a time) then it's time to open up an RMA ticket with the site you purchased them from, or Patriot directly.

Back
Top Bottom