Windows 95!! help!

cosmos69

Solid State Member
I desperately need a replacement computer for an old cmc machine....as updating system will cost 2 - 4 thousand! Is it possible?

Maybe you could run that cmc app on a modern computer using a virtual machine. Look into free software like Oracle's VirtualBox which would allow you to create a virtual machine running Win95. You will need the Win95 install disks to do this.

Computers: Ur doin it wrong

You're supposed to use modern computers :p Only thing i can suggest is ebay.

I have 2 windows 7 computers (one with 8 gigs of ram ) 1 vista and 2 xp's! I do audio production. So modern computers ain't the problem. thnx for response!

Have any thrift stores around your area? Best places to find old PC's. One time, I got an old HP computer manufactured in 1987 for the sole purpose of playing some games I had on 5 1/4" floppy disks.

Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc..

If you are in the NJ area, I got plenty of old PCs available for free that I can reload with Windows 95.

Very cool! My best friend lives in NY and if I can't resolve here in LA ...I'll track you down! Thanks!

Computers: Ur doin it wrong

You're supposed to use modern computers :p Only thing i can suggest is ebay.

don't be such a dick. he's said why he needs older machines.

for the OP.
check out VMware, you can use vmware player and run windows 95, and pass through access to hardware (I assume parallel port). -and that software is free.

You can still buy expansion cards (that have both parallel and serial) in shops, (in the UK Maplin sell them in store). these are usually PCI cards so will work with modern machines.

it's also possible to get USB to parallel converters, but these are A pretty rare, B pretty buggy since there is no real flow control on the USB port as there is with the parallel port.

Back
Top Bottom