Recommend me a SSD

Lol, that is the exact ssd I posted in the first post.

I forgot to add that write speed won't really affect me much. All the SSD will have is the OS, programs, and one game. Everything else (downloaded files, music, videos, remaining games, etc) will be on the HDD. So there won't be much file movement on the SSD.

Either way, an SSD vs a hard drive is going to be much faster, just trying to give you the most for your $. Have fun with it. :)

Theres a pretty big difference between Sata II @ 3Gb/s and Sata III @ 6Gb/s

Yeah on paper.

But if a pc had sata3 and another has 2, will you know the difference by eye?

No, both will boot up in 15 seconds

I'm just wondering if M4 supports TRIM. I heard SSD will degrade even more in write speed without TRIM.

I think if I ever get the money, I will buy another M4 and RAID0 them. It seems like a better option than saving and buying one Crucial M4 128GB.

I'm just wondering if M4 supports TRIM. I heard SSD will degrade even more in write speed without TRIM.

I think if I ever get the money, I will buy another M4 and RAID0 them. It seems like a better option than saving and buying one Crucial M4 128GB.

I don't know of any modern SSDs that don't support TRIM, unless you use them in RAID and they don't have a SandForce controller. If you use it outside of RAID, it should be fine, unless explicitly stated that it doesn't support TRIM.

Back
Top Bottom