New Cell Phone

Got My Samsung Galaxy S2 now. Love it - would definately recommend. Screen is crystal clear at pretty much every angle you look at it, most of the apps I've found are pretty sweet. Pretty easy to customise and in my opinion (Never had an smartphone / iPhone before) Very easy to pick up how to use it. Fun finding out all the little tricks on it!

Only little niggles with it are: Camera Doesnt instantly take the photo when you press the take button, so you have to hold it a split second longer - doesnt really effect much, but its just a gripe :p

and ...

The battery life isnt great, however disabling background data, and putting on Juice defender, and enabling power saving mode, as well as notching down the brightness of the screen a few gives you a lot more out of it. If you are just going on social sites for 5-10 mins a day, listening to the radio or music for say an hour in the day, and doing the normal text and calls, you can perhaps squeeze out 60hours out of it. (just over 2 days depending on your usage)

If you really push the dual core cpu (I.E. play a game whilst on the internet and listen to the radio, then record, photos etc etc) you can run through a fully charged battery in about 6 - 8 Hours (This is intensely using it for that time) My usual usage means I get about a day and a half out of it, and I play a few games, facebook, radio 30 mins, and bits and bobs.

Bear in mind my recommendations come with no previous experience of smart phones, but it definately looks and feels like a winner for me! (also can pick up pretty good deals on it atm, with the iphone5 on the horizon)

I personally can not live without my iphone.
I started out as a hater saying that iphone's were nothign but fashion accessories (when the 2g was out) simply because they had nothing more to offer from other devices except looks and a very nice touchscreen. However i soon found that due to the HUGE popularity of the device peopel were making lots and lots of apps for the iphone making it IMO one of the most versatile gadgets you can buy at the moment?

It's simplyt the app store size and quality that makes the iphone a winner for me.

I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 from Verizon and I love it. It had a rebooting issue at first when it was running FroYo (Android 2.2) but now with the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update it has fixed that problem and seems to be running smoother than ever. As for Android, I'm a first time Android user and I have to say I love it. Easily customizable, very easy to use and the apps are plentiful and a lot are very useful. A lot are free as well, but I don't mind paying a couple bucks for one if I really feel I need it/can't live without it.

I have an android and love it. I also have an iPad2 so am familiar with that. I also have several people I know who use an iPhone. I would say for me, iOS and Android are basically the same. I don't notice much difference in my day to day with them. What I've found is that once the novelty of having a smartphone wears off, they are all mostly the same.

Back
Top Bottom