Hello and H E L P

hotrocks68

Solid State Member
Hi to all,

I would be most grateful if anyone/some people on this forum could help me out.I'm useless with computers so could any replies be as simple as possible for a numpty.Anyway,8 weeks ago i bought a new laptop which came with a years free Norton.
The laptop is a HP G62,it is 4gb and 500ram,windows 7 and i3processor.
It was fine for 7 weeks then all of a sudden it started to lose internet connection.So i 'right-click' on the connection and the computer troubleshoots and says 'The default gateway is not available'............it gets fixed,and then i am back online for a minute,or 30 minutes etc.It does this randomly several times an hour and is annoying.I just dont know why this has started to happen.
So i need to seek the expertese of you guys to give me some advise please(but keep it simple,because i am),thankyou in advance.

maybe your computer have an alternative gateway.
to check that: go to you internet maneger. (i am not at my windows computer right now so it is hard for me to do a step by step)
there should be a local area connectin. click that. then go to tcp/ipv4 and click properties. if you see any numbers in those testboxes then click on optain IP automaticly.
see if that helps.

do you have another internet access point.
try another internet connection. bring the laptop to work or a friend and see if it still happens.
do you also have internet via your phone?
if so you can try via that.
if it does not happen on another internet access point, then i will belive that it is your router that is the problem.
the default gateway is the IP on the router or server that gives you access to the internet.
(IP = an internet address just like an address on a house)

We have 3 laptops here.My old MSI does not lose connection and neither does my girlfriends Toshiba,its just this HP.As i say it was fine for the first 7 weeks after i purchased it and its just recently started on this laptop only.
Soooooooooo annoying.

hmmm. that is weird.
then i dont know what it can be.

do you know exacly when this startet?
you can always try a system restore. before doing a system restor you must backup all important data. just incase. a system restore will not harm documents and personal files(music, pictures and movies).
but better safe then sorry.
a system restore will restore the system back to how it was at the chosen time.
just hit start and start typing system restore. you will see the program in the menu after the search.
if you belive it started like 3-5 days ago then just set it to restore at the point 5 days ago to be sure.
you can regret the restore there is an option to regret it and go back to how is was before the restore. you can only regret one time. (so if you do a restore and then do one more and then regret, you will only go one restore back)

i think it will be the last advice i can give.
else you can try calling the company you bought i from

Hi again EchoNatek,

I had already tried a system restore.Like i said the problem started on this one computer maybe a week ago and the other 2 are fine,so its very odd.

Anyway............if anyone else has any suggestions i'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom