Hpow can i find out my computers ram and processor?

kingcuppie

Beta member
have an Ibuypower gaming desktop computer that im trying to sell with no hard drive and i dont know what kind i have asi cant turn it on with no hard drive and people are asking me how much memory does it have and what processor is in it. I have the computers serial number from the back of the tower but i called ibuypower's phone and theyre closed for the weekend.
is that all i can do is call ibuypower on monday or is there another way
i can figure out what i have in memory and what processor is in it.
please advise. thanks

You can probably open the case and read off the memory size off the sticks. As for the processor you might be able to see the model number when the computer is booting up. You can turn it on without a hard drive. You might have to hit a key to switch to the POST screen.

Yeah, short of visually inspecting each piece, there's not much you can do. Should be accurate enough though. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out

From the post screen you can usually see what info you need for the processor type and speed as well as how much RAM.

See this picture as an example, yours may not and probably doesn't look exactly like this, but it give you an idea. If your computer turns on to a picture instead you might be able to ge to the screen I think by pressing tab or something (it may tell you), or you can go into setup/BIOS settings (whatever it's called on your system) and press whichever button it says to push to get into the BIOS setup (most common buttons are delete or F2). On my laptop I have Phoenix BIOS and it displays all that info on the first page you come to. In some BIOS types you may have to go searching for it.
post-screen-compare.jpg

Back
Top Bottom