Whats the best video card for this build?

Three-Ten

Beta member
Basically, the thing I care most about is having perfect graphics on my games hahaha. I don't know much about what I am doing though, so describe as noobily as possible for me please.

Motherboard
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3 Motherboard ($125)

CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor ($120)

RAM
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 RAM ($33)

Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB ($55)

DVD Burner
Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS Internal 24x CD/DVD Drive ($25)

Case
Cooler Master RC-310-RWN1-GP Elite 310 Mid-Tower Case ($40)

Power Supply
Thermaltake W0382RU Modular Power Supply 750 Watts ($60)

I was going to go with this as my video card
EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti ($118) but is there something better or more suitable? I was hoping to keep it somewhere around or under $225.

ahh im sorry i made 2 threads idk what the hell is going on.

sorry i made 2 threads idk what the hell is going on here

what about the gtx 560 (not the "TI" version) it is only like 180-190$
i think you might gonna get tired of the low end 550ti.
for the money it's a great card for people that plays WOW or does not care 2 much about graphics.
but if you say that your budget is a MAX of 225 then this one might be a great choice.
it is kinda like a overclocked 460(when the 560 is stuck and not overclocked at all) with uptimized power use. and also a bit cooler and a bit less noisey.

Yeah, I agree with EchoNatek (But you didn't leave a link to w/e the graphics card you were suggesting :) ). I would go with the Ti 560. Gigabyte has one that's 204 after their rebate. It's overclocked and has a pretty sweet dual fan cooler on there. Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N560OC-1GI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Or you can get the non Ti versions and they're about 170 after rebates. MSI makes a really cool one, the Twin Frozr. It's got like 4 heatpipes and two fans. These new Nvidias run a little hot so this will keep it cool. Newegg.com - MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

yeah i will also rather get the TI version. it is a fully unlocked gf114 chip. but it just goes over his budget witch is a shame. but if he can spend the money it will be a great choice.
the twin frozr is a great cooler. really keeps the card cold. but i dont think it is necessary for a gtx 560. if he overclock it will reach the mhz limit before the temps make the card crash.

Back
Top Bottom