Building a computer cheap

Noob Killer

Solid State Member
Hi all
Just wondering what the best products i can get to build my computer cheaply. I already have a normal desktop case at home sitting in my garage with a pentium 4 and no ram.

Well this computer will be used for gaming (eg. MW3, Crysis 2) and general internet surfing atthe moment all i have is a desktop case pentium 4 cd drive and 40gb hard drive that came with the system. I already have on os, am not in the US and also have never built a pc before but know where everything goes and how it works.

At the moment i haven't decided on a budget and am not quite sure how much i'm willing to spen but under $1000 is probarbly as high as i'll go maybe a tiny bit more. Also is it actually worth building your own computer, i know the experience is good but do you really get a better computer for your moneys' worth.

You can definitely get your money's worth building your own PC. And a budget under a $1000 will do you quite well. You might as well ignore everything about the old computer you have. You will want a new case and it isn't too expensive relative to everything else you would be buying.

How much storage space did you need?

storage space i don't really know i'll eiter be running XP or Win 7 ultimate then have a whole lot about 200gb of movies and music and then i'll go and buy a whole lot of steam games which will probably be another 100 150 gb of games( dont' know what games or how big).

Well, I suggest that you start from scratch and build a new machine that will be enough to get your job done. You do not have to spend that much when choosing cpu's with a lot of cores as I would assume that you are not going to use it for any program heavy on computing. A simple core2duo would be fine, about 500gb of hard disk, a motherboard that would just be enough, and all the other peripherals could even be auxiliary.

I don't make it a practice buying expensive machines. I set myself up with a $500 rig 2.5 years ago that runs crysis great. I play sc2 on ultimate and I'm certain that I'll be fine on Diablo 3 without any upgrade.

Windows 7 pro
Ubuntu 11.04
GAMA-770-UD3 (rev 1.0)
AMD Phenom 9850 4x black
4g gskill ddr 2
BFG Geforce 9800gt
500 sata2
320 sata2

Back
Top Bottom