Random Chit Chat

I'd say $30. Nintendo 64s are still quite common.

On 240Hz 3D TVs, is the 3D 240Hz, or still 120? 120Hz per eye would make it actually usuable.

EDIT: Why is Windows 7 media center locked to 16:9, even if the source video is 4:3?

EDIT2: nevermind. Hold control while resizing the window and it will snap to 4:3.

What if I throw my games in?

Games

Daikatana
South Park
NBA Jam 99
GoldenEye 007
Perfect dark

thanks for your help also

won't even install in virtual machine

If you're using VMWare, choose the option to install the OS later. Then after you do the initial setup of the VM, go into the settings and change the CD to the iso. Now start the VM and try that way.

Edit: The VMWare "Automated Install" or whatever it's called doesn't work w/Windows 8 in my experience.

Sooo guys what do you recommend to clean the outside of cases to remove lint, dust, and finger prints, like on Steel case with plastic trim...

Paper Towels leave behind paper lint crap : /

I use Pledge MultiSurface with paper towels to get the streak free effect, then a regular cloth rag to remove the paper towel lint crap

I usually use diluted alcohol with a cotton ball. Windex may be safer if you don't have anything really resistant on it.

Also, I seem to have gotten film developer on another pair of shoes. :/

P9157599.jpg

If you're using VMWare, choose the option to install the OS later. Then after you do the initial setup of the VM, go into the settings and change the CD to the iso. Now start the VM and try that way.

Edit: The VMWare "Automated Install" or whatever it's called doesn't work w/Windows 8 in my experience.

didn't work either I just got to the developer preview screen then got the blue frowny face of death

I'm using vmware player. I have also tried virtualbox but that gets to the same place as the vmware player install and cryptic characters scroll down the screen

Have you tried Microsoft's Virtual PC solution? You would think that a Microsoft OS would work in a Microsoft Virtualization solution. Haven't tried it personally though.

What's the best way to fix a bad sector? I used the ESTool (by Samsung) to do a low level format on my hdd (before installing the OS), then I used the chkdsk with Windows 7 (after installing the OS). The low level format found no errors, whereas chkdsk found a couple of bad sectors. My system hangs once in awhile, so I am thinking chkdsk didn't "mask" the bad sectors. I know they can't be truly fixed as they are physical damages by the way.

Back
Top Bottom