Stupid move equals computer woes. Help

HalogenRepublic

Beta member
So I downloaded a torrent for a game (after searching for an hour trying to find a proper one with seeds and all) although the installation process was in Russian and the game was in Russian and I'm for downtown Toronto I thought I could just wing it. So I installed it and I played it but the next day I found a better version in english, so I tried uninstalling the Russian version.

Here is the dumb part, instead of going to Control panal to diminish it from my comp I instead, one by one deleted the data. So after I thought I deleted all of the data, I tried to install the new English version, but it said I need to unistall any previous versions so I went to the Control Panal to uninstall the remanents of the old Russian version but it says it can't find the folder. BECAUSE I DELETED IT. So now Im stuck.

Plz Help.

I did the same thing one time and couldn't find it on the control panel, you should be able to find when you go on start and search all programs for it, if you find it right click it and then select uninstall. (I'm assuming you're on windows 7)

No no. Ive went to the control panal to uninstall it and the file "is there" its just when I select uninstall it says that it cannot find a specific file coresponding to the program so the unistallation process dosen't continue.

and yes Windows 7

What you can do is check to see if there is anything left in the registry. Click on Start, type in regedit in the search box and look around there if you see anything associated with the game in there and delete.

I already did that I found the file but there was only some "default" file, I deleted it but the problem still persists.

Have you tried reinstalling the Russian version and then uninstalling it again? That might clear it up.

Back
Top Bottom