What is needed for a good video editing computer?

iRahz

Beta member
Hey guys, I am new here, saw the site and decided to register.

I have a question. Im looking to buy a new computer, but I need a very fast one, for video editing so there will be no lag.

I am a gamer and have a Hauppauge HD PVR, but the video always lags while recording. Then when I try to take it into Sony Vegas, it also lags there. I can not watch the video cleanly, so it makes it hard to edit.

So which is the best computer to get for this? Also, what kind of processor would I need and all that? (I know nothing about computers, so any help is appreciated.)

Thanks for you time guys. Also Im not sure if this belongs here, so if it is moved, maybe a MOD can contact to which thread it was moved too? Thank you!

EDIT: Willing to spend 2Gs max.

For video editing I use A Mac I sometimes use my Pc also. 4G memory and ALOT of hard drive space will be fine.

For video editing I use A Mac I sometimes use my Pc also. 4G memory and ALOT of hard drive space will be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of hard drive space, 1TB, I dont know about memory though. How could I check that?

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of hard drive space, 1TB, I dont know about memory though. How could I check that?
To check to see how much memory you have, you can right click on either Computer or My Computer and click on Properties. It should show there.

Final Cut Pro on my Mac is so sexy to use. Too bad my Mac isn't working anymore, I'm not too familiar with Windows solutions but you seem to have a better idea than me.

Back
Top Bottom